Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Words of Thanks, A Compilation of Poems - IV

CAPTAINED


Wars between me and my parents is a battle of every adolescents, 
I knew I was blind and innocent,
I am the bloody brat, a rebel of missed orientations,
I walk through the path of ignorance,
I read books of anticipation,
I embrace the conscience of disillusion,
I worship the essence of intolerance,
I built a fort from bricks of confusion,
I sail a boat filled of hatred without any reflection,
I see freedom as my instruments,
I prepare a coup to restrain the captain,
I knew for soon that this voyage is over with great deception.

Storm came and battered this great schooner,
I never expect this to come any sooner,
I saw the captain roped at the timber,
I remember the prayer when I am younger,
I held the rosary praying for my Mother,
I recall the cross and remember the Savior,
I glance at the light above and I know it is my Father.
I made penance with great sorrow.


By now, I shed my tears of joy,
I know how that I still have them like a little boy,
I remember I have a chest of toys,
I rush to open and I found a writing said ‘ Ahoy!
I am now the captain of a new ploy. 
I fathered a little boy,
I am not sure I am ready for a new broil.
I am sure this is an epic worse than Troy.
I met the old Captain, who is now the new viceroy,
I saw his smile as he held a gargoyle,
I stood as he coy,
I was given three beans of soy,

He said, remember the story of the Beanstalk Jack’s turmoil,
Roman Virgins bargaining for oil,
For riches also born from soil,
No one born and made hoi polloi,
Phoenix risen from ash of burnt poi,  
Life is an imperfect circle of coil,
Make sure your plan never fail and foil.

Originally By Jeffery J Pirah

No comments: