Sunday, November 2, 2008

The raping of Penans! YBs - I need a word with you

.



The Penan rape case has been the big new throughout Malaysia especially Sarawak last month. I was not ready to make any comment about the situation currently but I am really pissed of how the Dayaks themselves respond toward this particular incident.

What is not true about this incident? How come it is not true? For sure this is an open story about the misery of the young Penans who are trying to get education but end up get raped. The problems about this claim are, the name of those rapist (God Damn you, may you be rot to death!), the exact time and the exact date of the incident. They have been raped every since.

Anyone of you who are familiar with areas from Baram until Lawas know this story. I am sorry, this is no more a story, it is something we heard almost everyday. I can be assure I only heard these stories but I have never encounter the real scenario but who am I to fight for them. I do not have any good proof the whole things are not merely claims. These are the real ordeal of the Penans.

I am sorry to say that even our Dayak Brothers have no empathy for these Penans. They even have the guts to say the Penans are merely liars and filled with stories. Contradict to their claim, I was once caught in a situation where I met with a Penan couple. At first, I observed from far since I have never met them before. I guess it is best to check and see. I knew they are reserve people but I am not so sure what are the issues that brought them near by. Slowly I got to know they just need to fix their solar panel. These Penans know about electrical wiring so I basically accept that the atmosphere will be calm and if I got to talk to them, they are reasonable.

I steps move toward them. They look at me and they are clueless since I have the look of a Chinese but deep inside me, I am a pure native who have some sympathy for their oppression. This is a good chance to talk to them and get true stories from them first hand. There will be make ups as well as now Spinning Doctor to spin the real story around.

I sat down close to them. It is true that they are timid and very reserved. I give them a warm smile and say hello. It is not easy to talk to them since they are victims of much aggression and discrimination. I understood this and I move a little bit slower. I calm down, I gave them another smile and ask them what is up? They briefly replied that their solar panel need some wiring. This is direct current wiring and some testing need to be done. Direct current wiring is not an easy thing to do as any small defect can actually create spark and cause fire. Generally, DC is much more dangerous compare to Alternate current (AC) like we often use at home and taken for granted.

To my surprise, I thought they only can communicate in Kelabit but then, they speak in Malay. Wow! I struck gold. I can actually communicate more like this. I have been reading superficially about the Penan. Not much are documented on history books by Oxford Publication so as the British archive. I never expect anything solid or truth in our local books. All if not most are recreations of Spinning Fuckers and their agendas.

Since I have shown my sincerity as I chat with them, they are driven to tell me more and there goes everything. I actually talked and reconfirm the facts I have read previously. Much are truth by the foreigner in their writtings and less, much less of truth by the local publication. A lot of visiting NGOs felt their miseries. You will be a believer and your conscience will tell you something need to be done.

Very small amount of them these days wear loin cloth. I saw them couple of times when I stroll around but they often shy away. The ladies are very beautiful behind those scar of abuse and the dirts of their hard life. Only by then I understand, my warm generosity, smile and my willingness to approach them did not make any different. That is why they have yet to reply my smile.

These Penans that I have encountered are no more nomads. They have settled down just like the others, only that they are substantially lack of prime necessities such as clothings and food. Their daily activities still maintain the same. They still survive by the jungle. They hunt for food and at most time, their kills is the only source of income. They trade their kills. Sometime they sell it for a really low price in comparison to their effort. Beside hunting, occasionally they generate their income by doing hard labor. They carry jerry cans of fuel and stove tank for hours for the use of the local Kelabit. They actually contribute to the Kelabit by giving them the option for cheaper goods compare to the flown in goods which are highly priced.

Talking to them make feel really sad. They are the Dayaks as well. The natives of Sarawak but when I look at myself, I really pity them. I guess a warm chat would at least help them to forget their misery for while. Other Dayaks excel peacefully and some even abuse their facilities by doing a lot of other unscrupulous work regardless of the subsidy given to them. The Bidayuhs at Bau have a few highway to their village and the Penans? They only hope that their rights are recognized. They have never ask for roads. They do not mind walking a few hours to school and by luck be hike a lift by some passerby. What do they get the end?

The mutilation of the virgin jungle and raping of their virgin daughters.






Is that the way to repay the Penans? The Penans did not ask for the whole vast land. They only need some land as it is part of their life, their culture and their religion. What do we do? Penan have endured ordeals throughout the years. Recently, the Kedayans are abuse where their land are taken for Palm Oil.





Talking about Palm Oil, I myself have even gone through the agreement between the People and the Power of Attorney (hereafter known as PA) and also the agreements between PA and the local. What do they get? A YB (Yang Batut, Yang Bodoh, Yang Buta) who are actually motivating them to do so for better and stable income. I was laughing and I was thinking to myself, the Dayaks actually need protection within their own society and leaders. The bullies usually are Dayaks who are kind of smarter by-10grams-more-brain. At certain time their ATP managed to transform to ADP and produce energy (to party). This will subsequently contribute to some logical thinking. They have been storing a lot of ATP when consuming liquids originated from fermented rice, malt and corn. Or Else, dead man walking. My Lord!

I often lecture the locals, never ever sign a PA Agreement regardless of the deal. I wish I could travel from village to village and tell them, forget about Palm Oil. The palm oil generate nothing. Perhaps the most, you get RM120/month when it start to mature. Even Bio-diesel licenses are priced very low now. Nobody want to do Bio-diesel. Forget about the trivia and walla-walla about Jatropha. It is very expensive to actually produce Bio-diesels compare to cow dung and green energy. You are still generate carbon as the end of the process. You better do direct selling and in case of any failure you can still trade your bag and manual for a refund. You can earn RM300/month with your 0.2Ft² hand phone and a capital of RM300 daily. Selling reload coupon as you enjoy coffee and loafing around with your checker board at coffee house. One acre is about 42k++ Ft². You do the mathematics, please.

That is the easiest and lamest idea could give. Think about investment and Eco-tourism. I am hinting some of my bigger idea.

Let me tell you the cost of a virgin jungle is about RM2K to RM3K an acre for palm oil. By using this trick the perpetrator start poison their mind. At the end of the day most Dayak fall into their trick and sign a lease of two cycles; each cycle is 30 or 60 years. So that Dayak actually lost their land. What is RM120/month today. Sixty years from now, what is RM120/month? A lot of Ibans regretted their action of using their NCR land for Palm Oil. Initially they bought used Mercedes and then now? Their kids are working with the plantation at the same if not lower rate compare to the Indonesian (Mat Indon) and the Timorese (Ohm!). The details? Ask your YB who actually proposed it to you to tell you and then you tell me. YBs are the one who actually gave and drunk the local with beers and liquors. Publicly just before harvest festival, he slurred condemning his own people. Now, after victimizing the local Dayaks, the Dayaks do not even entitle for any State Level Gawai celebration? Why is that?

The oil royalty in billions of Ringgit and the timber you export to foreign country is not sufficient to even play host for us the Dayaks for once a year Gawai Dayak Celebration?

The Sarawak Government “politicized” the Gawai while branding SDNU and SADIA as opposition organization. Both SDNU and SADIA are not registered under the category of “political organization”. Who are these buggers? You surf the net and check them out!

SADIA Boss, Anthony Nait Mani is another bloody idiot. He was booted out from KOR RELAWAN SETIA NEGARA for all sort of breaches. You can actually check his back ground with the Justice Department or so. Please surf http://krsn-ptcm.org/new-page-2.htm for more information. He contested at state level under Parti Negara (winning 100 votes only) during the election. I think SADIA opposed it so that they can actually hold the event with lots of MANI (money money moneeyyy!) to spare for their pocket! If not they are just *tutttt* moles to weaken us, the Dayaks.

They are talking about workshop such as "Impact of fuel hike to...". Hello, if I can actually take pre-caution steps and secure myself with better pay job how come you did not even able to take pre-caution steps for the Dayaks? Do you read books? Are you all in SADIA are plain stupid?

For your knowledge, during this festival there are no Haram foods served. Tuak are serve to those who are non-muslim who want to taste it. Basically it is for the tourist. Now, we lost an important event in the tourism calender. What is dragon boat and regattas compare to this festival which actually shows the gratitude of the local paddy planter for a year of abundant? You tell me. Talking about the social integration and all those shit proposed by our federal Ministry of urbanization.

Some of our politician gave more money to support their political alliance during the General Election which is few hundred times fold comparing for a state level Gawai Dayak feast. You are getting daring and that is what I am assuming.

Can somebody actually and physically help me to screw some of our YBs. Twist their ear or kick their groin. Merely idiots who are living on credit I guess, that is why he is really boot licking hard if not scratching balls to pay their due and bills. If a politician is living on credit, he actually is unfit and should serve no role in any development program of speech. They will just squander the grant even if that grant are meant to buy trophies for young Dayak kids football match. I was wondering, why do we or our hopeless leader install such idiots around? Get caught for CBTs? How can someone be so reckless to be caught doing so? Pure stupidity and nerve of plastic. Smart people never get caught or published in the internet for their crime. If they get title such as Dato' and Dr., then I must be GOD.




I am shocked that most of our leaders, the Dayak leaders are unfit arseholes on the loose. Can you tell me how their brain work? I am talking about sustained growth and talking about long period income such as royalty. Embarking of progressive economy and all those easy but realistic ideas. As I am tired preaching the Dayaks, some smart-fool arseholes managed to convinced more Dayaks with less brain.

Come on you YBs, do not tell me that you have less exposure compare to me, a thirty years old dude. If I am your leader, damn; you know what to expect. You would not even talk about jobs as civil servant or salary. You are talking about generating wealth!


Bunuhlah Ayam Yang Bodoh Demi kesejahteraan Rakyat Tuanku!



I remember Joseph Pairin and Co. told youngster not to ink their skin as it is hard to get job with the uniform departments such as the Fire Department. Hello, chief. this time you are really ought to be booted out. Immigration Department has just increase their quota to 30% for non malay which put your KadazanDusunMurutRunggus to fight with the Chinese, Indians, Sarawakians, Malaysian Philaks and Malaysian Indons for that spot. Next five years, Ohms will also be recruited into that 30% quota. The ink is very much the tertiary issues. See how our Chief thinks, very much out dated. I got three offers for Government vacancies and I never bother to come for the interview. I gave it for my dearest Dayaks to get some job. We are talking about wealth. Who cares if Sir Richard Bronson gets a tattoo if he own an Island.





YBs, we are not as stupid as you think. We are much clever than you have ever thought! We are much capable then you wish. You all would wish us to be death because we can outdo you at anytime. Before we go for that option, we give you another chance to use your brain. Even ostrich and whale have brains. Even if it is tiny, it would help to rather than to use your knee cap. I myself give you an ultimatum of three years. If the Dayaks is still not taken care and our rights are not recognize then I have to say sorry for being rude. You will be thrown out of job and opt to do Tagal fishing once a year as you enjoy your retiring days with your pension money. Your gratuity finished to settle your personal loan.

We move on to the top to continue to fight for our native rights.

It is time for reformation and it suppose to be from the root. Not politic but economy. Come and help me to reform the Dayaks.

Nothing political but more on economy exposure. I believe a good grip in economy means a good grip to the politic. If the Jews can be powerful at the Capitol Hill with no more than seven million Jews in the world why not the Dayaks be powerful within Borneo itself. I never want anything racist but a better Dayak living standard for now. Later, I wish to liberalize them and build them as a progressive communities.

Back to the story of these Penans whom I met. They told me a lot of stories which actually humiliating and really discrediting the Dayaks themselves. But I hope that by being frank and transparent with these stories, the younger Dayak can actually see the wrong doings of the older generation. If we have better proof, never count out the possibilities of accountabilities by this so-called older generation. We are not talking about them being incompetent or ignorance but an act of being a corrupt.

I heard that is why most of the Penans did not afford an identity card and to my shock, Malaysian get their first IC for free unless we lost it or any possible reason. They say they have to pay one of official (let us keep it anonymous since this article behave only as eye opener and shall not be use for any reference or affidavit). They continued by saying that a particular old officer is demanding RM400 per IC as a fee for him to travel to town. Some get it, mostly did not! I told them IC are important document. I rather die without money than without my IC. At least I got to die with honorable funeral. They laughed.


Is it so hard to fulfill what they really want?


They told me more secrets which I will not spill out here. Let it be between me and them. I know their sufferings and I have actually taken a course in my life to actually fight for my Dayak peoples. I have achieved the paramount level of my career and now, I choose income stability (economy is currently down, I opted to work after I read a journal about the future recession after the Olympic Game and I shall resume to business later)and to propel forward the fight for the Dayaks.

I also would like to take this opportunity to say sorry to the Penans for the wrong doings and the bad treatment from my country and also by my Dayak brothers. Maybe this article will actually start something impulsive to assist the Penan within the ordinary people (if we are not graded as peasant or pariah). They are one of the prodigal building block in building a solid foundation to the true liberal and progressive Dayaks.

I pray that the Legal system of Malaysia, all the Honorable Lordships, Agencies and the people to be at least be more sensitive to the need of the Penans. I have no hope for the police and so forth; so-called lacker, incompetent, tax money wasting, you-name-it agencies.

To all the
YB You-Know-Who-You-Are,
please be prudent!


Do not give

"Donno, ya meh?",
"
Wa engchai o",
"
Wo pu che tau leh",
"
Nyai engti boh..hemehhh? Mo konen leh.. tiauuuuu..",
"
Apa tek? Sik tauk kamek eh. Menar.. Lilahh.. Sumpah, menar tokkk",
"
Nama Utai chak. Amatkah? Apuuuuuuuu, tusah enti baka nya",
"
Uih.. Uih.. errr...Am kelik",
"
Doi ku pu'an, doi nya'a sikien bih. Tok keh serita muu tih bai?",
"
Dbei Tao Nou Agei",
"
Nakuro?"

and all those varieties of the same excuse. It is so lame, even nowadays eight years old kid will not accept that kind of excuse. If you cannot afford to take care, just surrender. By the way, who are you, a petty political stake holder like you will not have much chances in winning contract. Do not waste time! I saw YB begging to subcontract my project. The most you will get is the smell of money to buy you over to opposition.


I am fighting. Please no pressure, pleaseeee!!


It is better than to sell you people for Palm Oil project with a tiny RM++,+++. commission. One fart you could finish it.

People are getting smarter very fast dear YBs and so as your political career. Do not be surprise on why out of a sudden the peoples are too smart and daring enough to ask for your head. You are "Amput'ed" by the tree trunk if you can feel it yourself (amput babui-tied piggies in Kayan Language). You are about to get slaughter if you proved to be unworthy. See you at the abattoir, you lame ducks!

Musa Aman, stop your nephews from making mockery of the Dusun from Bingkor. They are having good sweet times spiking innocent girls' drink with 'goodies' and then **you imagine what-refer to the post title**. Rape and reap are two different words, so choose which one to be significantly traceable to the community and the RAKYAT.

.

3 comments:

JoyJoy ! said...

Hey! interesting post..
so many words @.@
i don really get it also..>__<

Gandang said...

joy, do you know people like us. i mean with native blood has been oppressed by draconian rulers ever since. We have to fight and liberate ourself.

Unknown said...

Hi Jeff,

I'm Emily from malaysianmirror.com and I would like to request your permission on using the image of a penan lady holding a baby and girl behind her (The Penans' Ordeal) and it would be great if you can send me the image without text with resolution min 600 width. Of course I will credit your photo. :)

Thank you in advance!

Please email me if you don't mind: emily@malaysianmirror.com

Thanks!